The mission of the College shall be the advancement of learning by teaching, research and scholarship and its application for the benefit of individuals and the community which is strongly linked to the needs and developments of the Sultanate of Oman. In particular, GCET’s mission includes:
- Providing high-quality learning opportunities that are driven by local vision and governed by high international standards.
- Producing graduates that have the skills and knowledge in their discipline areas, as well as critical thinking, hence are able to shape the future of the region and beyond.
- Disseminating and applying knowledge to further sustainable industrial, economic, cultural, environmental and social development of the Sultanate of Oman and the region.
- Continuing education and life-long learning that plays a key role in the up-skilling of the workforce in the Sultanate of Oman and the region.
- Carrying out research and enterprise activities that directly address the needs of the Sultanate of Oman and the wider region.