Welcome Message from the Head of Department
Since establishment of this College, the primary goal of Mechanical Engineering Department is to training and prepare our graduates for leadership roles in their future careers. We offer a BEng program in Mechanical Engineering and Automotive Technology which is awarded by University of West England (UWE) in Bristol, United Kingdom. Excellence education and quality research would lead to distribution of cutting edge technologies and integration of our students with the latest developments in mechanics, dynamics, thermo-fluid, energy, and manufacturing.
We aim to create future leaders in Mechanical Engineering field to solve society challenges and tackle industry difficulties. Our students are provided with a solid and challenging education system which stimulate and encourage their creativity and also blends mechanical engineering practice with technical research.
Our department is proud to have highly qualified and committed faculty members who are well recognized in their fields and have received several honours and awards from engineering societies around the world.
Our department looks forward to continue training future engineers and carry on contributing our duty as an educational institute to the society.
Dr. Pooyan Rahmanivahid
Dr. Pooyan Rahmanivahid
The College currently has the following labs (capacity is 24 students/lab):
- Basic Physics Experiments (Forces, Motion, Pendulum, Equilibrium, Pullies)
- Fluid Mechanics & Material Testing Lab
- Flow Measurement
- Hydraulic Bench
- Friction Loss in a Pipe
- A bench mounted machine that demonstrates the phenomenon of creep under different conditions and in different materials.
- Energy Absorbed at Fracture
- Material Specimens
Thermo Dynamics Lab
- Thermal Conductivity
- Refrigeration and Air-conditioning
Vehicle Technology and Mechanical WorkshopOutsourcing Laboratories & Workshop to:
- The National Automotive Higher Institute (NAHI)
- Higher College of Technology (HCoT)
Engine Emission Test
ABS Braking System
- General computer labs equipped with modern PCs, printers, Windows, MS Office and other general purpose software.
- Specialised Computer lab equipped with modern PCs and specialised software (Matlab, Simlink, Pspice, C/C++, Solidworks, 3-D Printer).
- Wifi internet access throughout the whole building
Engineering Laboratory Equipment
1. Basic Mechanism
1. Temperature Measurement and
1. Stress Testing Apparatus
2. Fatigue Testing Machine
Fluid Mechanics Lab
1. Center of Pressure
2. Study of Impact of a Jet
3. Flow Measurement
4. Friction losses in pipe
1. Conductivity of Liquid Experiment
2. Conductivity of Gases Experiment
3. Radial Heat Conduction Experiment
4. Linear Heat Conduction Experiment
5. Heat Exchanger set up test (Heat
6. Free force convection Experiment
7. Extended surface Heat Transfer
It is worth noting that the UWE Validation Panel, during their formal validation visit to the College, has inspected our laboratories and they were very satisfied with the adequacy of the laboratory resources to deliver the programme.