The MSc Engineering Management programme will equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to effectively manage engineering teams, projects, departments and companies. You will get a solid grounding in managerial essentials within Engineering including logistics and supply chain management, manufacturing and production systems design, product development, finance and project management.
1. Bachelor degree in any Engineering or Management disciplines with a minimum grade of “2:2, Good, GPA 2.7, B”, or equivalent.
Note: We would strongly encourage applicants who do not meet the normal entry requirement but who have relevant qualifications or professional experience to apply. In your application, you should describe in detail your professional experience and qualifications.
2. Proficiency in English to a level of 6.0 in Academic IELTS or equivalent.
Note: Applicants with bachelor’s degrees issued by institutions in a non-English speaking countries are required to score 6.5 in Academic IELTS or pass stage-3 of the GCET IELTS preparation course with 6.0 in Academic IELTS.
- You will get a genuine British award from the University of the West of England, Bristol, UK, (recognized worldwide) while studying in Muscat.
- The programme is delivered in block flexible mode to suite learners with work or family commitments.
- The duration of the programme is only one calendar year.
- Many electives to suite different careers paths.
Semester 1 :
- Strategic Analysis of Technical Operations (Core)
- Engineering Project Management (Core)
- Finance for non-Financial Managers (Core)
- Process Design and Management (Core)
Semester 2 :
- Sustainable Engineering for Global Challenges (Core)
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management (Elective)
- Product Design and Development (Elective)
- Principles of Lean Engineering (Elective)
- Advanced Manufacturing (Elective)
Semester 3 :
Graduates of MSc Engineering Management programme are prepared for a wide range of careers paths as well as for pursuing PhD studies. Engineering and technology managers are employed throughout the economy, for example; operations manager, business consultant, business analyst, Engineering project manager, supply chain consultant, trade analyst, product manager, applications Engineer and production manager. Successful graduates are strategic thinkers and able to provide leadership in the way they articulate their knowledge in the context of 21 st century global challenges facing multinational organisations and SMEs. On completion, graduates will have experienced individual and group projects, which enable them to work independently and in a team to manage.
|Level||Semester||Module Code||Module Title||L&T Hours||Credits||Core/Elective|
|M||1||UFMFBM-30-M||Sustainable Engineering for Global Challenges||300||30||Core|
|M||1||UFMFJM-15-M||Process Design and Management||150||15||Core|
|Interim award: Postgraduate Certificate in Engineering Management – 60 credits at M Level
60 credits of which must include:
|M||2||UFMF78-15-M||Strategic Analysis of Technical Operations||150||15||Core|
|M||2||UFMFTQ-15-M||Finance for non-Financial Managers||150||15||Core|
|M||2||UFMF77-15-M||Engineering Project Management||150||15||Core|
|M||2||UFMFRQ-15-M||Logistics and Supply Chain Management||150||15||Elective|
|M||N/A||UFMEE8-15-M||Principles of Lean Engineering||150||15||Elective|
|M||N/A||UFMFSQ-15-M||Product Design and Development||150||15||Elective|
|Interim award: Postgraduate Diploma in Engineering Management – 120 credits at M Level
120 credits of which must include:
|Final Award: MSc Engineering Management – 180 Credits at M Level|