Global College of Engineering and Technology is located in the heart of Muscat. Muscat is one of the most beautiful cities in Oman – it’s no wonder that it’s the capital city of this spectacular country.
How to apply
Choosing a college for your undergraduate or postgraduate studies is an important decision, keeping this in mind, we at Global College of Engineering and Technology would like to make sure that you have made the right choice. We know that you want to join a college that boosts you to new intelligent heights, inspires you, and prepare you for the career that you have always dreamed of reaching and we can assure you that GCET is the right place for you.
Now, if you want to become a student at GCET the first step that you should do is to apply for admission.
Please follow the procedure below according to the programme that you are interested in.
- Visit the programmes pages and select the programme that you are interested in.
- Check the programme entry requirements.
- Visit the online application page and submit the full application.
A student visa is required for international students who are entering the country on an independent status or need to change from a different type of sponsorship for any reason.
Once you gain admission to GCET, we will help you through the process of applying for a student visa to Oman. The visa process may take up to four weeks so you should submit your documents as early as possible. To know more about the visa requirement please click here
Source : ( https://www.rop.gov.om/english/)
If you would like to request for an airport pick-up to campus, please send the following details to email@example.com
- Your name
- Date and Time of arrival
- Flight number
So far, The College does not have a private accommodation for our students. But, we have a list of the best accommodation in the city and they are near from the college.
For more help please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
phone +968 24227965
Prepare for your arrival
Here are some points that you need to complete before arriving
- Make sure that you have booked an accommodation (off-campus) GCET could help you with this.
- Book your flight to arrive in time for the induction.
- You need to Check your emails regularly.
- Carry extra passport photos for your residence card.
- Pack clothing appropriate for campus.
- You need to have an idea about cost of living, and prepare to have sufficient funds available for you.
- Inform us if you need airport pick up (in advance)
The Sultanate of Oman is a country of breath-taking natural beauty, interwoven with a kaleidoscope of history and legends. As the oldest independent state in the Arab World, Oman has embraced modernization and progress while retaining the core aspects of its culture and heritage – making it the perfect travel destination for those seeking an authentic Arabian experience.
Oman has a strategic location overlooks the Arabian Sea, the Sea of Oman and the Arabian Gulf. Its coast is lined with many beaches, with resort hotels on the coast west and east of Muscat. Activities including sunbathing, swimming, kitesurfing, diving, snorkeling, boating and water scooters, surfing, beach combing, shell collecting and fishing excursions.
Omani souqs (markets) are popular with tourists, and are highly diverse with stalls selling handicrafts such as silver and gold artefacts and textiles. There are souqs in every Omani town, with the Ruwi and Muttrah Souqs the best known in Muscat. Also, Oman has more than 500 forts, towers and castles. Lot of them are restored for tourists and few are converted into museums.
Oman has a peaceful and accepting culture that makes it one of the safest and most livable countries in the world. Omanis are very welcoming of visitors from other countries, a fact that is reflected in the generous hospitality extended to guests.
Cost of Living
Cost of living in Muscat:
|2 bed rooms apartment without furniture||220 OMR|
|2 bed rooms apartment (furniture)||270 OMR|
|Sharing apartment (with other students)||60 OMR|
For more details about the cost of living please click here
- One way ticket (local transport) OMR 0.50
- Monthly pass (Regular price) OMR 15.00
- Taxi start (Normal tariff) OMR 1.50
- Taxi 1KM (Normal tariff) OMR 0.20
- Taxi 1 hour waiting (Normal tariff) OMR 4.00
- Petrol (1 liter) OMR 0.23
Sport and Leisure
- Fitness club, monthly fee for 1 adult OMR 20.30
- Tennis court rent (1 hour on weekend) OMR 9.43
- Cinema, International Release, 1 seat OMR 4.00
Phone: +968 24227965